Magical Thinking - To rise to Tremendous Leadership heights - 4 Simple Steps (Being Human)...



People use different approaches to leadership situations.
1.       One approach is to assume the position of a dictator
·         Dictators don't last long
·         Employees may fake loyalty for a while, but unrest soon develops. Some of the best employees leave, and those remaining get together and plot against the tyrant. The result is that the organization ceases to function smoothly. This puts the dictator in a bad light with his superior
 
2.      A second leadership technique is the cold, mechanical, I'm a rule-book-operator approach
·         This would-be leader treats human beings as machines
·         The "machines" that work for him, develop only part of their energy

3.       Persons who rise to tremendous leadership heights, use a third approach that we call "Being Human."
·         Say, "You are a human being. I respect you. I'm here to help you in every way I can."
·         Say, “If employees are doing something wrong or are making a mistake, I am doubly careful not to hurt their feelings and make them feel small or embarrassed.”

Use four simple steps:
"First, I talk to them privately.
"Second, I praise them for what they are doing well.
"Third, I point out the one thing at the moment that they could do better and I help them find the way.
"Fourth, I praise them again on their good points.

And this four-step formula works

No comments:

Post a Comment

mmagic